Patient Care Update
To our treasured Health Inspired Dentistry Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. Even though we have passed the critical stage, things still cannot yet be considered “normal”. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and the safety of our team.
We will be returning to the office on May 7with the reentry protocol below to provide you with continued care.
Our infection control processes at Health Inspired Dentistry are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Because we are a Mercury Safe Office, we already provide additional safety protocols that non-mercury safe offices do not. Our high-speed suction equipment and other evacuation systems provide a barrier between the patient and our team. These additional precautions are not only used for patients having their amalgam (silver) fillings removed but for all patients receiving dental treatment.
We know how important essential dental treatment is to overall health and we don’t want anything to get in the way of receiving any necessary treatment. In addition, to minimize exposure and maximize protection for you and our team we are taking the following steps:
- Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
- All appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered slightly limited options for scheduling appointments. We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Our office will communicate with you before your visit to ask health screening questions.
- All patients should come alone (except where necessary for interpreters, guardians of minors and others needing assistance). Individuals not receiving treatment should wait outside the building. Please call or text us upon arrival to our building, staying in your car, and we will let you know when to come up to the office.
- We ask when you arrive to please wear a mask if possible as all of our team will be wearing masks as well. A stand will be placed at the office entrance where each patient will be greeted, have their temperature taken and reconfirmation of screening questions. Hand sanitizer will be provided to sterilize your hands before entering the office.
- We are bypassing any waiting in our reception area and we will bring you directly into the treatment room.
- Please go to our website to fill out your medical history to completion including any updates to insurance if applicable. This will help greatly in keeping timely and eliminate the need for sterilizing additional items.
- To make it easy for you: Click this link for existing patients and here for new patients’ medical histories.
- For patients who have dental concerns and are unable to visit our office we will continue to provide Teledentistry.
- In promoting a safe work and patient environment, all our team members daily will be health screened including temperature readings.
- As part of our holistic care, Ozone therapy will be available to patients if requested during their dental visits. Ozone improves the function of the immune system and helps detoxify the body and kill off harmful pathogens. See 6 Ways We Use Ozone Therapy to Benefit our Patients.
We appreciate you and thank you for your patience during this time!
Dental treatment and eliminating dental disease are so important to your overall health and your immune system, therefore we look forward to continuing to provide you a safe space for your dental care.
Dr. Claudia Minadeo-Fox and Team