Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties Thursday, 04 December 2014
The holidays are a favorite time of year for most people. However, many of us fall victim to binge eating and drinking which can have negative health consequences. Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy the holidays in a much healthier manner.
Watch your Alcohol
Always hydrate with water when consuming alcohol. Stick to dry wine or tequila and avoid eggnog or other sugary drinks. Alcohol depletes mood-boosting B Vitamins, is a toxin, slows down brain metabolism and makes you uninhibited around food. Instead try a great non-alcoholic, low fat yet festive drink like this Sparkling Cran Razzy Drink. Here’s the delicious recipe.
Don’t Skip Meals
Keep your blood-sugar level steady by eating every 3-4 hours. This will keep your metabolism working all day. Eat a healthy meal/snack before you go to a party so you enjoy talking and interacting with others instead just focusing on eating.
Pack a snack or bring food to share
There may not be a good choice for food at the party so have a back-up plan and pack raw nuts, trail mix of pumpkin/sunflower seeds or a low sugar protein bar or better yet, bring a healthy dish to share like a platter of fresh veggies and hummus.
- Healthcare professionals urging people to resume checkups
- Creating the Non-Dental Office Experience for Northeast Ohio
- Good dental health is saving Cleveland lives!
- How to whiten your teeth safely
- Healthy nasal passages create nitric oxide that is toxic to viruses
- Dental Clearance Recommended Before Joint Surgeries
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!