Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
Why choose a women dentist? 9-4-18
Why choose a women dentist? One of our patients expresses their view.
Early in my dental career, I remember the day when a male dental patient told me that he would only see a female dentist. A few years later, when he needed to have a root canal retreated by a specialist, he once again reminded me that it must be a “She”. I was quite shocked at the time by his gender bias, until he shared with me more about his preference:
Women have small hands and a gentle touch!
Most women’s hands on average are smaller and lend to reaching into very small spaces such as the oral cavity. Mouths come in different sizes and the dexterity of small hands has a great advantage in dentistry.
Empathy and compassion.
Women’s nurturing qualities reassure and comfort the dental patient. Putting patients at ease, especially those with anxiety, requires patience, understanding and love.
Great listening skills.
As the saying goes, we were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. Women are great listeners. Listening carefully to patients past experiences, their needs and wants, gives important clues on how to provide better treatment and a pleasant dental experience.
Awesome with children.
Treating the whole family, including very small children, is always a tactful conquest at times, but we know just what buttons to push to get cooperation and a smile. It’s so happens that when you’re great with kids, the adult parents will follow.
Minimal invasive dentistry.
Women’s approach is more conservative in restorative dentistry and also more prevention-focused than their male counterparts, leading to more positive and less expensive outcomes (study confirm).
If you would like to experience small hands, a gentle touch, empathy, compassion, and minimally invasive Dentistry for you and your family, we would love to be your dentist!
Call us today!
See this article and more with Claudia Minadeo-Fox on the cover of this months The Cleveland Women’s Journal
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!