Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart Tuesday, 10 February 2015
You must admit the month of February is very dull with weeks of cold, snow and blowing winds….Boring! Take heart, exactly. With Valentine’s Day approaching, what do you think of…romance, chocolate, love poems and red roses. All of these are lovely to think about but what about your heart? Are you taking care of it?
This may not be on your to-do list but caring for your heart through a healthy diet and regular physical activity is the secret weapon to preventing heart disease. Some assume that taking a few pills that were prescribed is enough to prevent a heart attack when the real preventative power lies with a real change to your lifestyle.
Heart disease is the biggest killer of American women and men, but it is also preventable in many cases. Here are a few tips for reducing your risks of cardiovascular trouble:
- As mentioned above watch your diet, research has shown that a diet high in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts, can help decrease the incidence of heart disease. Paying attention to what you are eating is one of the major cornerstones of keeping your heart healthy.
- The AMA recommends 2.5 hours a week of exercise to help lower the risks of the disease.
- Know your numbers. Schedule a yearly checkup to have your blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels checked.
- Manage your stress. We all have stress in our lives and managing it is a large part of being heart-healthy.
- Learn the art of well-being, optimism and laughter which can boost the immune system, decrease stress and lower blood pressure.
Take control of your health to take care of your heart.
Now I leave you with this short poem;
Love you yesterday, Love you still, Always have, Always will.
Barbara Bushrod – Massage Therapist
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!