Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell Wednesday, 29 October 2014
Sense of smell may be more important than you think
Without the sense of smell, people wouldn’t be able to detect such things as gas leaks. Also, much of one’s sense of taste stems from sense of smell. That’s why it so important to be able to smell things as well as possible.
Without regular dental visits, however, a person’s sense of smell may not be up to par. The person’s gums and teeth may be in poor shape, which is certain to adversely affect one’s ability to smell.
Harmful bacteria can build up in the mouth, often resulting in decay, gum disease or even abscesses. From there, the bacteria can reach the sinuses, causing problems to disrupt the sense of smell.
There are other ways sense of smell can be impacted, including by aging, pregnancy, nerve damage, among others.
The best way to maintain a good sense of a smell is the same way to maintain solid oral health – by visiting the dentist on a regular basis and by brushing multiple times each day.
- 5 Weird Things You Didn’t know About Your Mouth!
- Effects of crooked teeth – and the solution!
- Healthcare professionals urging people to resume checkups
- Creating the Non-Dental Office Experience for Northeast Ohio
- Good dental health is saving Cleveland lives!
- How to whiten your teeth safely
- Healthy nasal passages create nitric oxide that is toxic to viruses
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!