Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
8 tips for Keeping Healthy this Winter Season 12-10-18
Boosting your immune system is top priority during the winter season. Added stress from the holidays, cold weather and loosing an hour of daylight all can take a toll on your immune system.
- Get enough sleep. Restful sleep is critical for energy and to fight viruses and other infections. Keep up with a sleep routine and enjoy relaxing night rituals such as reading, meditation, aromatherapy and a warm bath promote calm feelings.
- Exercise daily to improve your mood, energy and strengthen your immune system. Outdoor exercises such as walking in the park, skiing, and snowshoeing will burn a lot of calories and make the winter season more enjoyable. The outdoors also exposes you to the sun improving mood and Vitamin D too.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Holiday treats and colder weather often contribute to poor eating habits. Decreased availability of warm weather fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables can throw you for a loop so find new recipes and plan out healthy meals to keep you on track.
- Take your supplements. Even if you eat healthy you still need to boost your body’s immune system. Each individual has unique needs to keep optimal health during the cold and virus season and also to fight other disorders and diseases. Vitamin C, Zinc, and Probiotics are just a few necessities.
- Avoid direct contact with handshakes, door and cart handles which readily spread germs. Wear gloves or use clothing to open doors and wash your hands well. The transfer of infectious germs happens after you touch infected surfaces then touch your own mucous membranes such as you eyes and mouth.
- Ozone therapy can boost your immunity and also can fight bacteria and viruses once they take hold by supporting you body to heal it self at a quicker rate. Our office conveniently offers ozone to accelerate healing and aid in recovery of certain conditions.
- Be social, get out of the house or have family or friends over. Keeping up with relationships help with keeping a positive outlook. Which leads us to our next and final tip.
- Embrace Hyggae, the Danish Concept. Winter gives us time to slow down and take care of ourselves and usually it’s a slower pace. Hygge is an attitude towards finding joy in everyday moments. In the winter it’s about celebrating coziness, warmth with family and well-being.
Here is a video we love that explains hyggae from Happy Lil Sushi Roll.
What do you do to embrace Hygge?: hot cocoa, a warm cozy sweater or robe, Hallmark movies, game night or cozy time with your pet…. Share your Hygge
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!