Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Healthy nasal passages create nitric oxide that is toxic to viruses 04-14-20
When healthy, our nasal passages make a molecule called nitric oxide or NO. Nitric oxide is toxic to viruses and can break down the outer barrier around a virus and make it weak.
We do not know much about this particular coronavirus but nitric oxide has been tested and found to be useful in preventing other similar viruses like SARS.
How do we keep our nasal passages making nitric oxide to protect us?
Some doctors recommend using a saline solution to keep the mucus flowing and nasal passages clear. Saline often works temporarily but it can dry up the tissue fast.
Xylitol nasal spray is a great solution for keeping our nasal passages clean and clear.
Xylitol isn’t absorbed into the tissue but it keeps the tissue hydrated and even attracts moisture to itself. The hydration flushes the mucus build up and any bacteria or virus that we contract through our nose and sinuses. The mucus and potential virus can then continue flowing through our tissues all the way to the stomach to be eliminated as waste.
When the nasal passages are clean and clear they can properly build up nitric oxide to protect our bodies. This helps to break down any bacteria or virus that we are exposed to.
Xylitol nasal spray is important to use daily for nasal hygiene.
There are other kinds of xylitol nasal sprays that can be used for people who have chronic allergies or only used during allergy season.
Xylitol nasal spray can be purchased from your local health conscious food stores or online. Xylitol is a safer alternative to medications or over the counter allergy pills that actually stop mucus flow. The goal is to keep the mucus flowing out of the body and promote clean nasal passages which will keep you healthier and ready to fight an intruding virus.
Proper nasal hygiene can be as beneficial as proper dental hygiene when it comes to your daily health.
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!