Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage! Thursday, 08 January 2015
Welcome January 2015 and the New Year’s resolutions and rituals that come with it! Is one of your resolutions to take better care of yourself? Be sure to include massage. Massotherapy can be part of your New Year’s Wellness plan just like exercise and clean eating.
Here are a few good reasons why adding massage to your plan makes good sense.
1.) Improves circulation. Massage promotes good circulation and healing by delivering oxygen to damaged, tense muscles.
2.) Encourages relaxation. The body, when confronted with stress, can produce a build-up of unhealthy hormones that can lead to health problems. Massage has been shown to decrease the stress hormone cortisol, allowing the body to enter a rest and recovery mode. This positive effect will linger well after the massage is over.
3.) Reduces anxiety. When you carry anxiety symptoms in your back, neck and shoulders, a massage can target those areas. Massage increases your body’s levels of oxytocin and serotonin, which results in lower stress benefiting your blood pressure and elevating your mood too!
These are just a few benefits of massage. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in your health. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan.
Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our Say Ahh Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch?
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!