What to pack in your child's school lunch for the nutritional punch? Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Nutrition is especially important for young children to power the body and the brain! We’re often searching for good and easy “brown bagging it” ideas that are nutritious, delicious and fun for our kid’s school lunches.
Send your kids off this school year with these lunch ideas that will fuel their brains, boost their performance, decrease stress and possibly increase their IQ tool.
Try these Healthy Lunch Ideas:
* Update the classic sandwich with whole-wheat pita bread or a whole grain wrap. Stuff it with lean beef, turkey or vegetables with cheese. Add a little spinach for iron and other vitamins and minerals.
*For a super tasty wrap try peanut butter with bananas.
Opt for a piece of healthy fruit for a good source of Vitamin C for energy.
*Apples, oranges (its polyphenols reduce stress), kiwi and pineapple are great choices.
Beans or chickpeas are a great way to get protein and fiber. Season these with a little vinegar, olive oil & spices to make them especially tasty! Or try hard-boiled eggs.
Add these tasty snacks in the school lunch or as an after school treat:
*Celery or an apple with natural almond butter
*String cheese with whole wheat crackers
*Flavored rice cakes, popcoren or unsweetened cereal
*Yogurt, the low-fat low-sugar variety, which is a great source of protein and good for the gut and digestion too!
*Nuts and seeds for heart healthy benefits
*Blueberries and strawberries for antioxidants, visual acuity and brain function
*Chopped carrots, grape tomatoes and zucchini sticks served with hummus
*Cottage cheese with fruit
Lastly for drinks: stick with naturally flavored water, unsweetened tea, low fat or skim milk. And remember a great start to each day is through a healthy breakfast!
Want to know more? Call our Health Inspired Dental Practice and ask us how we can keep you informed.
These lunch ideas can also meet your adult nutritional needs too!
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our Say Ahh Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch?
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!