Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Massage and Cold Weather Tuesday, 13 October 2015
As we inch towards our first days of fall, we feel a change in the air. Our mornings are getting a little more brisk and the sun is setting earlier and earlier. This is a sure sign fall is just around the bend and temperatures will begin to take a dive. Soon we will feel a few more aches and pains with the colder weather. The following three tips are just a reminder to help you feel better.
It’s silly to remind ourselves to stay warm but often in the fall our bodies are confused with cool mornings, warm afternoons and chilly evenings. Make sure you have an extra layer with you when you feel a chill. If your body is warm, your muscles will be less likely to tense or spasm and your bones will not ache.
Although hot weather causes a need to drink more fluids, it is also important to hydrate properly in cold weather. If your body gets dehydrated you could experience muscle cramps and more soreness. Try to avoid over-loading on caffeine; which slows blood flow through your body and increases the chances of soreness and cramps. Warm decaffeinated drinks such as tea are good options; it will help keep your body warm and hydrated at the same time, a great combination for fall.
Therapeutic massage is a wonderful way to warm your body and help relieve any muscle or joint pain brought on by the change in the season. Regular massage helps by loosening your muscles and increase blood flow – ultimately relaxing your muscles. Feeling a little achy, schedule your appointment for a massage which can help.
Barbara Bushrod – Massage Therapist
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!