Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart Wednesday, 28 February 2018
The heart is the most important organ in the body. Without our little hearts beating we would have no life at all. It is our driving force literally. How often do we actually think about how this miraculous organ works? People tend to think about their cars more than they do their hearts. If something goes wrong with your car, you have the option to fix or replace a broken part and the car runs like new again. Not so much with your heart. If something goes wrong with your heart, it can become a lifelong, chronic and degenerative problem. The original equipment is best for optimal health because there is really no good replacement for the original equipment. The coronary arteries feed the heart. If these get blocked up through poor dietary habits we cannot get oxygen and nutrients through to feed the heart. This is the first step in the development of heart disease. Stents and drugs can prolong health but not necessarily fix the source of the problem. There are always exceptions to the rule (congenital heart defects but for most people that is not the case). All is not lost though! There are really many things we can do to protect this precious and vital organ.
Here are some steps you can take starting now to prevent the number one cause of death for most Americans:
Exercise 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Include 2 days of some kind of resistance training.
• Reduce intake of saturated and Trans fats. These come from animal sources and processed foods.
• Increase intake of whole plant foods including fruits, veggies, intact grains like quinoa and steel cut oats,
legumes, beans and nut and seeds.
• Reduce stress. Find outlets like meditation, yoga, relaxation exercises.
• Laugh! Spend time with friends and people who are fun to be with.
So next time you get in your car, instead of thinking about that oil change you need, think about your heart and give it the time and attention it deserves because it spends 86,000 beats a day thinking about you!
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our Say Ahh Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch?
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!