Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy Tuesday, 04 August 2015
Little known facts about massage therapy
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin and 3,000 in a fingertip.
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure.Julius Caesar used massage to help his epilepsy.
- In 1996, massage therapy/bodywork was officially offered for the first time as a core medical service in the Olympics in Atlanta.
- Massaging and gently pulling on your ears – top, middle, and bottom of outer earlobes once per day improves your immune system.
- The present lifestyle of too many Americans guarantees lower back pain.
- Specialized massage improves the flow of lymph through the body, relieving aches, pains, and flu-like symptoms.
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers.
- A 60 minute massage is about the same as 7-8 hours of sleep to your body.
Bob Hope, who lived to be 100, had daily massage as part of his health regimen.
- You can have a full-body massage with all of your clothes on.
- Massage may be the oldest form of medical care. Egyptian tomb paintings show people being massaged.
- Massage can be performed on a table, a chair, a couch, a bed, a bench…on the entire body or just some parts, with or without oils or lotions.
- There are about 75 common massage modalities used today.
Call us today and get your much needed massage!
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!