Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth? August 7, 2018
Many of our patients are taking the vow to cut sugar out of their diets to prevent tooth decay, prevent needing future dental work and to improve their overall health. Soda, juice and candy are among the common treats that our patients are agreeing to cut out of their daily routine when they decide to put their health first. BUT a common question we always get is… is sparkling water bad for my teeth? The short answer is yes. Sparkling water is bad for our teeth EVEN the zero calorie and zero sugar brands. The culprit is the carbonation that is bad for the teeth in the sparkling water, it is very acidic and this alone causes our teeth to become more yellow in color and softer. The acid weakens the tooth enamel and wears it away, at this point the tooth needs repaired with a filling or even a crown to cover the missing enamel that was once present. It is very frustrating to hear that your “healthy” choice to drink sparkling water is just as bad for the teeth as soda or juice.
We want to save you the headache and guide you in the right direction when choosing healthy drinks while protecting your dental investments. Regular, fluoridated water is the best beverage for your teeth. Water with fluoride naturally helps fight cavities, washes away leftover food and cavity-causing bacteria and keeps your mouth from becoming dry. Staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water helps get rid of waste throughout the body, gives your skin a healthy glow and even can help you lose weight! Difuse fruit in your water for a guilt-free treat that will keep your body and teeth healthy ☺
Your Oral Wellness Hygienist
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our Say Ahh Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch?
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!