Oral DNA Test Can Save Your Life Wednesday, 28 June 2017
A routine dental visit can provide more than “just a cleaning” with a life saving saliva test that can provide critical information about your entire body!
Just like urine and blood samples are used to detect disease and illness, a simple 30-second test, called Oral DNA, provided dental chair side (performed by swishing and spitting into a funnel attached to a test-tube and sent to a laboratory) could ultimately reduce the risk of oral disease as well as other bodily illnesses.
The saliva sample detects and identifies the amount and specific type of harmful bacteria in the oral cavity related to gum disease, bad breath and chronic infection. A customized treatment is then personalized for the patient’s needs, leading to a more successful outcome for bacterial elimination. These bacteria are also known for traveling to the bloodstream and causing disease related to the heart and other organs.
The Oral DNA analysis also ID’s if there is a genetic predisposition to gum disease so immediate prevention therapies can be initiated and the oral tissues monitored. In addition, it identifies oral HPV (human papilloma virus), which can manifest as oral symptoms and be a precursor to oral and cervical cancer.
More recently, the saliva analysis can identify genetic biomarkers that can predict the likehood of contracting cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
We embrace the Oral DNA technology to help our patients get healthier. Now you can have full disease prevention while getting you teeth cleaned too!
-Dr. Claudia Minadeo-Fox
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our Say Ahh Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch?
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!