Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Saving Cleveland lives through dental health 07-28-20
Dr. Minadeo-Fox’s Health Inspired Dentistry asks you to stop the excuses for ignoring your dental health!
Did you know that close to 50% of the American population does not seek regular dental care? Skipping your dental visits could cost you your health!
Taking care of your teeth and getting preventive dental care regularly can have benefits beyond healthy teeth and gums. Recent studies show that good dental health can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, pancreatic and colon cancer, preterm births, diabetes, arthritis, dementia and other chronic degenerative diseases.
Dr. Minadeo-Fox and her team are passionate about creating awareness that oral disease can lead to serious health problems.
“Your teeth and gums hold important clues to other health issues. So, if you interested in maintaining good overall health, as well as your smile, visiting the dentist twice a year may help you avoid future health problems.”
– Dr. Minadeo-Fox
Prevention is much less costly in the terms of dental care and complete body health. Avoiding the dentist and treatment can cost more in the long run including your health.
We use our mouth to eat, breath, communicate and kiss, so why not keep it healthy? It’s a no brainer.
10 reasons not to dodge your cleaning appointment:
- Dental care is crucial to overall health, and poor dental care is associated with unwanted diseases such heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, lung disease and cancer.
- Taking care of your teeth and gums has been shown to increase your life expectancy. DENTISTRY IS THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST SICKNESS.
- Being proactive instead of reactive will save you time, discomfort and money in the long run.
- Who doesn’t want a beautiful smile that is clean and healthy? Studies show that employment prospects are higher with people with a better smile and healthier looking teeth!
- Regular dental visits will decrease your likelihood of decay and increase the chances of it being caught at its initial stages, possibly eliminating the need for drilling and anesthetic.
- The dentist can make recommendations on how to reverse decay. Yes, I say reverse decay that has already started! Ask us how.
- Things have changed. Yes, we practice modern dentistry with all the amenities to relax you and no more dental office smell either☺.
- Oral cancer exam. Oral cancer statistics are through the roof. One person dies every 60 minutes from oral cancer and often when caught early can be prevented.
- Bad teeth and gums translate into bad breath! Bad breath is also an indicator that other things can be going on not only with your oral health but may indicate a systemic illness (medical disorder).
- You could spread the germs that cause tooth decay and gingivitis to your significant other and children.
Community News ––––––––
Special Free showing of “Say Ahh!” in Mayfield Heights, Cleveland
As part of Dr. Minadeo-Fox’s Complete Health Movement, the Health Inspired Dentistry team is creating awareness by sponsoring a private showing of “Say Ahh!” – a documentary about the intimate connection between your oral health and overall health and what you can do to stay healthy! Both riveting and educational it is the only one of its kind and we welcome our patients and friends from Richmond Heights, Lyndhurst, Beachwood, Mayfield, Gates Mills and Willoughby Hills.
The Complete Health Movement is Dr. Minadeo-Fox’s vision to make Northeast Ohio the healthiest region in the state by getting over 20,000 people healthy by 2022!
We are partnering with doctors and the community. The documentary will air at the Atlas Theatre, 1345 Som Center Road, Eastgate Shopping Center , Mayfield Hts, OH 44124
The cold truth about your dental health:
- The surgeon general reports at least 80% of American adults have gum disease. Gum disease increases pancreatic and kidney cancer risk by 62%
- Tooth loss and gum disease increase the risk for Alzheimer’s disease
- 93% of the people with gum disease are at risk for diabetes
- Diabetes and bleeding gums increase your risk for premature death by 400-700%
- People with gum disease are twice as likely to die from heart disease and 3x as likely to die from stroke.
- Bacteria in your mouth travels to other parts of your body in your bloodstream
- Pregnant women with gum disease have only a 1 in 7 chance of giving birth to a healthy child of normal size.
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!