Health Inspired Dentistry Blog
Healthcare providers are urging people to reschedule their postponed appointments 9-14-20
Special News Release from the U.S. News & World Report: Sept 9th, 2020 by Elaine K. Howley
“…doctors and other health care providers from across the whole health care spectrum are urging patients to reschedule appointments that may have been canceled or postponed over the spring and summer.”
U.S. News & World Report contributor Elaine Howley interviewed key healthcare experts and have found that our precautionary measure with COVID-19 have worked better than expected and did not result in ER surges as some predicted.
Dr. Carrie A. Horn, a hospitalist and chief medical officer and chief of the division of hospital and internal medicine at National Jewish Health in Denver, says that initially, this move to cancel everything “was an acceptable thing to do because the provider offices didn’t have the personal protective equipment or the knowledge of what was going on to feel comfortable bringing people into a public setting.”
Since those earliest days, however, we’ve learned a lot about the virus, and some of the supply chain issues surrounding producing adequate PPE have improved, meaning that many health care offices and hospitals can now get back to a more normal workflow. And now doctors and other health care providers from across the whole health care spectrum are urging patients to reschedule appointments that may have been canceled or postponed over the spring and summer.
“Elective surgery does not mean optional or unimportant,” McBeth notes. “Many times, these are very important to preserve one’s health and quality of life.”
As Dr. Minadeo-Fox has noted in this recent article, dental care is crucial to overall health, and poor dental care is associated with unwanted diseases such heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, lung disease and cancer. If that’s not enough, she lists nine other reasons for maintaining your regular checkups/teeth cleanings.
Our team is dedicated to keeping you safe
Our infection control processes at Health Inspired Dentistry are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Because we are a Mercury Safe Office, we already provide additional safety protocols that non-mercury safe offices do not. And we’ve gone beyond the sanitation practices recommended by the ADA since the COVID-19 outbreak.
For a complete list of our guidelines and what you can expect, see our COVID Letter Update.
If you’ve been putting off your regular scheduled teeth cleaning and checkup, now is the time to get back on schedule. Preventive maintenance is much less costly than the complications that may otherwise arise.
Contact us today to set up your appointment!
- Healthcare professionals urging people to resume checkups
- Creating the Non-Dental Office Experience for Northeast Ohio
- Good dental health is saving Cleveland lives!
- How to whiten your teeth safely
- Healthy nasal passages create nitric oxide that is toxic to viruses
- Dental Clearance Recommended Before Joint Surgeries
- 12 Steps for great December digestion
- Say Yes to Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
- What kind of toothpaste should I be using?
- Why Choose a Female Dentist?
- Claudia Minadeo-Fox DDS celebrates 30 years!
- 10 tips for a flatter stomach from Cleveland Health Coach
- Why choose a woman dentist in Cleveland?
- ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE STUDENTS
- See how you can Save $1000 today!
- Is Sparkling Water Bad for My Teeth?
- Common Dental Barriers; What’s Keeping You From the Dentist
- Choosing Your Local Dentist for Botox and Dermal Fillers
- Cleveland Health Coach Thinking About Your Heart
- Breaking Habits the Right Way
- Integrative Nutrition and Health Coaching
- GERD Effects the Health of Your Teeth
- Massage and Cold Weather
- 21 Day Meditation – Become What You Believe
- Ways to Relieve Stress and Relax Your Mind
- Interesting Facts About Vitamin D
- Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy
- The Eight Causes of Cravings
- B12 – the Vitamin for All Ages
- Sugar – the Only Cause of Tooth Decay
- Transform Your Diet Without Radically Altering Your LIfe
- Just One More Reason To Smile! Newsletter – April 2015
- Bone Loss Score May Tip Off Doctors to Gum Disease in Postmenopausal Women
- Know The Risks of Oral Cancer
- Suggestions on How to Restore Your Natural Sleep Rhythm
- Take Control of Your Heart to Take Care of Your Heart
- WHAT’S IN A KISS
- Most & Least Contaminated Produce
- Begin the New Year with a wellness routine! Be sure to include Massage!
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Holiday Parties
- Quick and Easy Dental Hygiene
- Acid Reflux – Your Dentist May Notice Before You Do
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Skipping Dental Visits May Impact Sense of Smell
- Thank You For Attending Our “Say Ahh” Event
- 3 Health Benefits of Eating Chocolate
- Mouth Guards Prevent Dental Injuries
- What to pack in your child’s school lunch for the nutritional punch
- Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps – Holistic Health!
- SAY AHH
- Five Reasons to Scrape Your Tongue Every Day:
- Highland Heights Green Task Force
- Four Spring Cleaning Tips for a Healthy Mouth
- Dental Health Month
- Happy New Year from Everyone on Our Team!